Photo Credit: Phil Wayes

Friday, July 17, 2009

Blog of the Weekend: Back in Business

I know, I know, I KNOW-- I've been slacking on updates over here. The season's performances are over, and things have been pretty slow these last few weeks. Now that I'm back at the studio for the summer semester and I'm starting a new ballet, I should have some updates coming soon. But in the meantime...

I'm going to direct you to our next blog of the weekend: Ballet Business.

The author, who blogs as *b@llet*, is a young dancer who is still in school. She discusses summer intensives, favorite choreographers, general anecdotes from studio and performing life. My favorite post is Being an Understudy, where she writes about understudying soloists in Carnival of the Animals and gives advice for other young dancers who are cast as understudies.

I'm also pleased to see a blog by a young dancer-- When I was in school, my fellow dance majors and I kept xangas where we would share our different ballet-school experiences, but lately I haven't seen a lot of those. Thanks, *b@llet*, and keep on writing!

No comments: