Photo Credit: Phil Wayes

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Four Years.

On August 1st, 2006 I moved from Pennsylvania to Texas with very few possessions and very little money. I initially figured I would stay in Houston for (at most) three months, then head back to the Keystone State.

Four years later, I'm happy to report that I'm still here--and couldn't be happier about it. A lot has happened over the last four years: I got a great teaching job, performed with four different dance companies, and had my own dance ensemble for three seasons. I've also worked as a model, taught early-childhood music, and [briefly] ran my own "Baby Ballet" business. I had been fearful about moving 1,600 miles away from my family/my friends/everything I knew... but four years later, I can honestly say I made the right choice.

(If you haven't heard the story about how I came to Houston in the first place, you can read about it here.)

Happy "Houston Birthday" to me.

No comments: