Photo Credit: Phil Wayes

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Postcards from Hiatusville

I wanted to explain why this blog has been on a hiatus so long. I used to blog pretty often, and then boom! Butterfly goes to the Bermuda Triangle. Here's what happened:

Over the last month or so, I've been dealing with a lot of creative frustration in terms of creating my own art. Whether it's what to choreograph or what to write jokes about, I keep hitting the same roadblocks: Is this what I really want to use as subject matter? Do I have any specific good ideas, or do I just have a vague concept with no clear direction?
I made a vow in January that this year I would start the process on my own work.* It's May, and I've been kicking around/constantly changing Godknowshowmany different ideas, it's gotten quite frustrating.

And that, my dear friends, is why I have been pretty quiet on the blogging front-- all you would read was "FOR GOD'S SAKE I STARTED THIS DAMN SCRIPT IN FEBRUARY AND IT'S GOING NOWHERE ARRRRRRGGGHH FAIL." I don't want to subject you to a blog that reads like a 3a.m. drunk-dial from Courtney Love, so... yeah. Upstage Left was temporarily dark.

However, I've missed this little blog, and it's that magical time of year where my kiddos are gearing up to do their spring concert-- and you know I won't be able to resist blogging about that (like last year and the year before). So, consider this website's little hiatus more or less over-- and I'll try to keep my creative-frustration whining to a minimum. :)

* "My own work" can mean many things, but we'll talk about that another day.

2 comments:

A said...

Welcome Back!!!!!

ballet fanatic said...

Good to have you back! Look forward to more soon :)