Photo Credit: Phil Wayes

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lady's A Charm, Part 2

Apologies for my slightly-hysterical post yesterday. I was probably a bit hasty. I should clarify a few things.

For a while now, I've been contemplating the direction and future of my dance career. Where to go, what to do, how long to continue, et cetera. Recently, though, my internal dialogue has become an internal shouting match; it was starting to drive me a wee bit crazy.

A few weeks ago I put in a phone call to Maria at PADV; we discussed the options. This morning, I had a sit-down on the phone with a fellow blogger and was offered lots of insight. I heard some of the same advice from both; and both told me the same basic idea: "You know what you need to do."

Thanks, you guys. I think I do know what I need to do. And it ain't gonna be easy and it ain't gonna be fun-- I know that tears will be shed in the process (my own/plenty of them)-- but I think that in the end, I will have done the right thing.

I think I know what I need to do.

And now, here's your Moment of Zen:
"Please. I may be distressed, but I know how to keep my mouth shut."
"Unless there's a big tuna sandwich around!"
~ Joseph Gannascoli and Joe Patoliano (as Vita Spatafore and Ralph Cifaretto, respectively), The Sopranos

No comments: