Photo Credit: Phil Wayes

Friday, November 21, 2008

R.I.P. Clive Barnes

In the hustle and bustle of the last few days, I forgot to mention that theater and dance critic Clive Barnes passed away two days ago from complications of Liver cancer.

It is a sad day indeed for those of us in the dance and theater industries. You can read the NYT obituary above, or check out Some Enchanted Ranting's tribute for more details. And while I'd love to pay my respects with an adequate blog-mourning, I have to run to dress rehearsal. Show business waits for no man.......



And now, here's yopur moment of Zen:
“I am convinced that anyone can be a great writer . . . if he can only . . . tell the naked truth about himself and other people. That, a little technique with words and the willingness to bare heart, soul and body are really all it takes."
~ Clive Barnes, 1927 ~ 2008

No comments: