Photo Credit: Phil Wayes

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'm back.

Today I felt like my normal dancing self (if you could ever call me "normal," another subject of much debate) for the first time in nearly a week. I took barre from another choreographer/director who works in the same building as us-- which felt amazingly blissful-- before proceeding to rehearsal, where I was happy to find that my body was actually cooperating with my brain. We worked on a new piece that will be performed with an interactive theater company here in the city-- but more on that later. Suffice it to say that it was a good and productive rehearsal period.

Note that while I'm feeling well enough to dance again, I still don't have the strength to take out the trash or, say, go to the gym. One thing at a time, my friends. Baby steps. Dancing first, housework later, the gym when I'm out of excuses.

I'm now headed out to Katy, to teach and work with my students on the story ballet they'll be presenting this spring.


More detailed post later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well i'm glad to have read your blog so i know you still have humor, class and your limbs! Sounds like you're body is healing, which I'm terribly happy about! so which day of the week are you planning to rest?!?!?

and i want to hear more about his boyfriend!!!

much love, peace & joy!
M