Photo Credit: Phil Wayes

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Yes We Can, We Will, and We're Going To

This was me a week ago:


"AUUGHH We open in a week and I'm freaking out plus I have to teach and figure out what pieces I'm setting for spring show and do this and that and take care of bills; I have more irons in the fire than an arsonist at a golf resort; GAH, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?"





This is me today:
I have no idea what changed, but I'm feeling so much better. I'm not kidding you: On Saturday, I laid in my hotel bed in Plano tossing and turning and stressing stressing STRESSING. Today? I'm happy-go-lucky as all get-out. Even though it's Tech Week, I left rehearsal in high spirits today, humming the music from Huelga and dancing around. I did not screw up Prayer for the Farm Worker, nobody got into a throw-down, my costumes fit, Zapatos is so fun, and I got compliments on my new bangs (P.S. I'm still undecided as to how to do my hair for performances: Should I pin the bangs back or not? Our Artistic Director says she likes them, so I'm thinking not.). Plus, since last weekend I've decided what pieces I'm doing for spring (more or less), my Monday classes were covered (Thank you, Miss J!!), and I'm feeling better about the ballets we're about to perform.

Today was a good day, and I am happy.

No comments: