Photo Credit: Phil Wayes

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yes, We Did

Hello, Internet! It's been a while, has it not? I'm still internetless (which means that I have to, like, be productive at home. GAH), so I only get online at work or at coffee shops.

So, first off: Frank was in a car accident, but he's okay. He's a little bruised up, but he was there to perform with us on Friday. Thank you, God.

Si Se Puede was last weekend, and it was lovely. Even though our student matinee was a little hard (The floor was slippery, I thought I was going to fall off the stage during Prayer for the Farm Worker, and LP got hurt), we had a FABULOUS little student audience. They had so much enthusiasm and energy, cheering like crazy before the show even started-- but as soon as the lights went down and P made the entrance for the opening solo, they were dead quiet. And after we hit our final pose in Prayer, they screamed for us the way Springsteen fans scream for The Boss (also, they seemed to like me a lot. A lot of them directed questions at me during the talkback).
Our Friday evening show was lovely. Saturday....oh, Saturday night was the best. I felt like I was going to explode with all the energy and joy. Everything was just so, so perfect. I've said it before and I'll say it again-- we are one strong, fabulous group.

So now we're getting ready to dance Misa Criolla this weekend. I really love this ballet. We performed part of it in Si Se Puede, but I can't wait to dance the full piece. It's so pretty and fun. We learned the last section at the beginning of the week-- the Credo-- and it's a blast. I love it!

Speaking of rehearsals, I've got to dash off to mine.
A tout à l'heure, patineurs.

No comments: