Photo Credit: Phil Wayes

Monday, September 7, 2009

Doing the Backstroke: The End of Summer

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

I didn't update much this summer. What can I say? There wasn't a whole lot going on. Aside from a bunch of people dying, going to ballet class, and performing in a Fringe Fest, it's not like I had a bunch to write about.

Two days from now, that will all change. On Wednesday, rehearsals for Si Se Puede start; a day later I will go back to teaching at the studio. Dancing, rehearsing, teaching, performing; My third season with the dance company and my fourth season with the studio-- I will have tons of stuff to write about.

Tuesday is my last official day of summer vacation. I think a celebration is in order. Wanna go dancing?

P.S. I'm declaring this as my official theme song of Summer Oh Nine. And yes, it's from our production of Alice in Wonderland. What? I like it.

P.P.S. My first day back at studio (as in, the one that's in a suburb some 30 miles outside downtown Houston) is September 10th. I signed myself up to watch and review the premiere of Houston Ballet's Manon....on September 10th. Which means I have to fight thirty miles worth of rush-hour traffic in order to make the ballet on time. Wow, GOOD JOB, DUMBASS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to learn how to dance...never happened, though...now it's just wistful thinking.