Photo Credit: Phil Wayes

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Off- Topic Tuesday: Tofurkey Day is a-comin'

For the first time in three years, I'm staying in Houston over Thanksgiving. When I say I'm doing "Thanksgiving Texas-style," that makes you think of steaks and barbecue and chili and Lone Star, right?

Wrong! I'm vegetarian. And Lone Star tastes like pond water.

So, here's a list of my ideas for Thanksgi-veging dinner:
Main course: Sweet Potat Gratin
Sides: Mashed potatoes with nut-based gravy, roasted winter squash, buttermilk biscuits.
Dessert: I'm going to try my hand at pumpkin pie. And, in case that doesn't work out, I'm going to keep a store-bought pumpkin cheesecake as backup.
To drink: Organic sangria tht I've recently become very fond of; Korbel extra-dry with dessert. Dos Equis for the beer-lovers. And of course, cranberry juice.

I found the lot of my menu on here. I highly reccommend it if you're a fellow veg. What are you making? Share your menu!

No comments: